Maine towns with 4,000 or fewer residents can apply for enhanced incentives from Efficiency Maine for high-performance heat pumps and LED lighting projects in municipal buildings. Eligible buildings that qualify for this program are community centers; fire stations; police stations; public safety buildings (combined fire and police services); public works facilities (office garages, bus garages); and town halls, libraries, sewer districts, and water districts. Funds are provided by Efficiency Maine’s Commercial and Industrial Prescriptive Program with an additional contribution from The Nature Conservancy in Maine. The application deadline is March 31, 2021. Accepted projects must be complete by June 1, 2021. Interested municipalities can get more information about this funding opportunity on the Efficiency Maine website.
- Aging Maine grid is putting hundreds of renewable energy projects at risk
- Lawmakers hit the brakes on requiring snow and ice removal from cars and trucks
- Governor Mills Swears In Wayne Douglas As Associate Justice on Maine Supreme Judicial Court
- Paid family leave could be coming to Maine
- Consumer-owned utility advocates want to nix takeover unless it saves Mainers money