Maine towns with 4,000 or fewer residents can apply for enhanced incentives from Efficiency Maine for high-performance heat pumps and LED lighting projects in municipal buildings. Eligible buildings that qualify for this program are community centers; fire stations; police stations; public safety buildings (combined fire and police services); public works facilities (office garages, bus garages); and town halls, libraries, sewer districts, and water districts. Funds are provided by Efficiency Maine’s Commercial and Industrial Prescriptive Program with an additional contribution from The Nature Conservancy in Maine. The application deadline is March 31, 2021. Accepted projects must be complete by June 1, 2021. Interested municipalities can get more information about this funding opportunity on the Efficiency Maine website.
- Governor Mills Announces Nearly $1 Million in Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan Grants for Workforce Transportation Projects
- Maine Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Whether Legislature Can Act on Referendums
- Moody’s and S&P Reaffirm Maine’s Strong Credit Rating
- Governor Mills proposes changes to paid family leave plan
- Maine committee supports flavored tobacco ban