The Maine Legislature met in person this week to act on bills that have been voted out of Committees. The full Legislature will return to Augusta on May 13th.
MEMA reviews and monitors each bill and flags the ones that impact our membership each week. Bills 1 through 1635 have been printed to date.
Legislative Alert-Call to Action
Flavored Tobacco Ban Public Hearing Scheduled for Friday, May 7 at 9:00 a.m.
- The Maine legislature recently printed LD 1550, “An Act To End the Sale of Flavored Tobacco Products”. This bill would prohibit the sale any type of flavored tobacco including menthol cigarettes.
MEMA is working with a group of stakeholders to oppose these bills, but need YOUR HELP. Talking points and a legislative alert will be sent early next week. If you have questions, concerns or comments prior to that, please email Megan Diver.
- Address your testimony to the Committee of jurisdiction as well as the Senate and House Chairs of that Committee.
- I am writing in opposition / support to LD XXXX.
- Introduce yourself, your business.
- Choose public hearing
- Committee – Labor & Housing
- Select the Date (Monday, April 12)
- Select the LD #
- Check the box ‘I would like to present my testimony live’ to present it over Zoom