The Mills Administration posted updates this week following COVID-19 Prevention Checklists: Large Gatherings / Ticketed Events ; Organized Racing Events; Town Meetings; and Transportation. The update also establishes a Private Events COVID-19 Checklist.
The updates maintain critical public health and safety guidelines, consolidates and streamlines language in previous checklists, and reflect the latest science to help mitigate the spread of the virus. The updates are part of the Moving Maine Forward Plan, a multi-month plan that aims to provide clarity and predictability for Maine people and businesses in advance of the summer months.
- Large Gatherings/Ticketed Events: This checklist provides updated guidance for large events, such as outdoor entertainment or ticketed festivals.
- Private Events: This new checklist provides guidance for those in the wedding and catering industry to safely hold events.
- Organized Racing Events: This checklist provides updated guidance for organized races.
- Town Meetings: This checklist provides updated guidance for town meetings.
- Transportation: This checklist provides updated guidance for self-service food stations, car dealerships, and ferry services.
These updates are effective immediately.
The Department of Economic and Community Development, in partnership with the Maine Department of Health and Human Services, will continue to review and update Maine’s COVID-19 Prevention Checklists to reflect progress in vaccinations, to reflect the latest science, and to further align the guidelines with Maine’s strategy to combat COVID-19.